Starting a business is surely not an easy task, though can be very rewarding.
Compared to the normal 9-5 job, the stresses of an entrepreneur can initially seem overwhelming.
Newly self employed entrepreneurs who learn to stay positive will ultimately by much more successful than those who let the stresses eat away at them.
Here are 10 ways I stay positive, motivated and productive that can work for you:
- Exercise on a regular basis. I use a FitBit that tracks my steps everyday and I have a daily goal that I won’t miss.
- Media Diet! January 1st I set a resolution to turn off all major news stations (online and off) and discontinue reading the daily newspaper. The media is consistently negative and this has had a profound impact on me. Instead read daily about successful entrepreneurs verse political negative spins or upsetting world events. Trust me you’re not missing anything by eliminating CNN or Fox News nightly.
- Listen daily to Entrepreneurial & Motivational Podcast! Try Entrepreneur on Fire, Smart Passive Income, The School of Greatness, Eventual Millionaire or any of the many more I’ve recommended in other posts. Do this while exercising, laying in bed, mowing the lawn, cleaning or what have you.
- Cut negative people out of your life and surround yourself with positive energy.
- Make a to do list and cross off each task you accomplish daily. Really feels so good!
- Eat healthy! I tried the 21 Day Sugar Free Detox and have decided to continue the program permanently. The first few days are hard, but now after several months I sleep better, concentrate better, feel better and have even energy all day long.
- Set a sleeping schedule and try to stick to it. To much and to little have huge impacts on our productivity and our ability to stay motivated.
- Create a positive vision board. Looking at this all day does wonders.
- Start each day listening to Positive Affirmations. This may not be for everyone initially, but try if for 30 days. I have a daily email I set in Google, that sends me my favorite ones each morning. I pick one daily and listen for 2 minutes. If you’d like send me an email and I’d be happy to forward you the email.
- Read Motivational Quotes.
These are the 10 ways I stay motivated, productive and accomplish so much every single day! Let me know in the comments below what works for you.
Enjoy this weeks best motivational quotes shared via Social Media!
Wishing Entrepreneurial Successes!
Latest posts by Michael Kawula (see all)
- 4 Ways To Stay In Front Of Your Home Based Business Leads - August 29, 2014
- 3 Creative Marketing Ideas That Your Business Needs - August 28, 2014
- How To Get Clients When You Have No Experience - August 27, 2014